Friday, August 1, 2008

Mandalas online

I've been mesmerized by Myoates, which is a web tool that allows you to basically create sophisticated Spirographs online. I loved Spirograph. My sister and I spent hours making designs and coloring them in, cutting them out and painstakingly putting them in a photo album which I am certain is still lurking around somewhere. With some effort, one can make designs with Myoates like this one:



Not my work, I assure you. Mine have all looked mostly like sophisticated doodles. But I love the almost mandala-like feel of the result, and the hypnotic quality of watching my casual scribbles be mirrored into near-infinity and given structure and symmetry...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]