Sunday, September 14, 2008

Five Canon Romances I Do Not Like

There's a great livejournal community called fannish5, which asks a question every Friday. I've been going through some of the older ones and I figured I might as well answer some here, so without further ado:

What are your five least favorite romances, in canon?


1. Ron/Hermione, Harry Potter.
I didn't want her to end up Harry per se, but I just...kind of wanted her to not end up with Ron. Well-intentioned, doltish Ron. *sigh* I fail to see the attraction for a woman like Hermione, but maybe that's just me.

2. Worf/Deanna Troi, Star Trek: The Next Generation.
I liked Deanna's understated romance with Riker. And I really didn't like Riker and Worf bristling at each other like two dogs wrangling over a juicy bone.

3. Garak/Ziyal, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
Aside from the fact that Garak was way too canny to get involved with the daughter of a crazy crackpot like Gul Dukat, I was annoyed because the romance seemed a deliberate attempt to de-intensify Garak's friendship with Julian Bashir.

4. Batman/Rachel Dawes, The Dark Knight
Just very unconvincing. Other than Catwoman in Batman Returns, I have yet to see a Batman movie with an even faintly believable relationship with Bruce Wayne, and yet they insist on shoehorning love stories into every one of them.

5. Sheridan/Delenn, Babylon 5.
I insist, insist, insist it was meant to be Sinclair/Delenn. It should have been! Damn it...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]