Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall


It was a strange day weather-wise, starting drizzly and damp, becoming sunny and beautiful, and then the wind picked up and gusted clouds in. It matched my mood as well.

October is a transitional month, getting ready for winter and the long darkness. Novembers have traditionally been bad months for me--for some reason, every kind of tragedy and inconvenience seems to wait until November to strike me. So October has an uneasy feeling, tense. Uncertain. I feel the urge to store up against the coming cold, like a squirrel stores nuts. But you can't store up light and happiness, security and creativity. They're liquid assets, they trickle through your life like water and are gone, beyond your power, only to rush back up when you feel certain the springs are dry forever.

Obviously changeable weather makes me wax poetic!

Comments:
Hmm. I never knew this about you.

April is my bad month... when the bad things wait to show themselves... although since Clara was born I've found April to be much better.
 
I wonder if everyone has a month that they just dread, for whatever reason? I had a coupole of hideously bad Novembers in a row and that was that, it's marked as an Evil Month in my calendar now. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]